German Chemical Industry Association Publishes Guidance on Safe Recovery and Disposal of Wastes Containing Nanomaterials
On August 1, 2019, the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI) announced the availability of a guidance document on the safe recovery and disposal of wastes containing nanomaterials.
According to VCI, wastes containing nanomaterials can be generated in the production or use of nanomaterials. Such wastes can occur in the production of substances, mixtures, or products; in the processing and repair of products; or in the disposal of products at the end of their life cycle. The guidance document addresses the following topics:
- Legal framework;
- Conclusions from regulatory requirements; and
- Safe recovery or disposal of wastes containing nanomaterials:
- Waste recovery or disposal;
- Gathering information about hazardous properties of substances regarding the waste status;
- Communication along the supply chain; and
- Determining the hazardousness of waste.
Source: Bergeson & Campbell, P. C.Back to news listing