Industrial valorization of value chains for nano products
The VALUE4NANO project aimed to develop an Implementation Roadmap of 4 value chains (VCs) and their target products. The Roadmap includes business modelling and planning for a set of pilot lines and involves strategic industry and other stakeholders. The selected value chains were:
- Nano and micro printing for industrial manufacturing;
- Nano-enabled, depollutant and self-cleaning surfaces;
- Manufacturing of powders made of functional alloys, ceramics and intermetallics;
- Lightweight multifunctional materials and composites for transportation.
Project specific objectives were:
- Formation and activation of 4 value chain expert groups, fostering industry alliances and involving key research and innovation actors coming from clustering of European, national and regional projects on the selected value chains;
- Development and completion of the 4 VCs leading to a gap analysis, identifying the needed technical and not technical actions to implement the VCs;
- Release of a short-medium term Implementation Plan for the selected value chains, including a feasibility study, business modelling and planning on a possible set of pilot lines;
- Performing roadmapping, networking and exploitation activities in a wide application-oriented network with nano relevance, linking together industry, research institutions, regional, national and international entities, investors, society, ETPs and initiatives on nano and other KETs.
IOM/SAFENANO's contribution focused on the identification of safety actions in the VCs and implementation of the roadmap.
For further information, access the Final Report Summary or contact us.