EC publishes NanoData Landscape Compilation reports
The European Commission (EC) has published eight NanoData Landscape Compilation reports. The reports offer a snapshot of the environment for nanotechnology in different application fields:
- Health: A snapshot of the status of the environment for nanotechnology in the context of health;
- Manufacturing: An overview of policies and programs for nanotechnology manufacturing in the European Union (EU), publications, patenting, research and innovation, industry, products and markets, and the wider environment;
- Information and Communication Technologies: An overview of policies and programs for nanotechnology and ICT in the EU, publications, patenting, research and innovation, industry, products and markets, and the wider environment;
- Transport: A snapshot of the status of the environment for nanotechnology in the context of transport. Transport is defined here as a sector based on vehicles for transporting people and/or goods via the air, rail, road, water and space, and is here divided into two main areas, vehicles and infrastructure;
- Energy: This report looks, from a research, development and deployment (market) perspective, at the role of nanotechnology in achieving energy sustainability goals and at the overall landscape in Europe for nanotechnology and energy;
- Construction: This report offers a snapshot of the status of the environment for nanotechnology in the context of construction. The sector is a major consumer of raw materials, chemicals, energy and intermediate products such as electrical equipment, as well as services;
- Environment: Aspects of nanotechnology both for and in the environment are covered in this report;
- Photonics: Nanoscale effects impact on photonics, e.g., in the surface quality of waveguides and optical fibers. The focus here remains as closely as possible on photonics as it relates to nanotechnology, e.g., where nanotechnology enhances photonics and vice versa.
Source: European Commision via Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.