This Guidance Manual, published by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), includes protocols and methodologies for the testing of manufactured nanomaterials under the OECD Sponsorship Programme, covering physico-chemical characterisation and (eco)toxicology. It also:
- describes the three modes of sponsorship involvement (lead-Sponsors, co-Sponsors and Contributors);
- explains the distinction between a Phase 1 (exploratory) and a Phase 2 of the Sponsorship Programme;
- provides considerations on how to develop a sufficient set of information to address endpoints;
- outlines the WPMN review and oversight approaches, including a two-year review, and;
- outlines those expected outputs from the testing programmes of each sponsored manufactured nanomaterial.