The SAFENANO Knowledge Base
Providing an independent and impartial resource on nanotechnology environment, health and safety issues.
Focussed on interpreting and disseminating emerging scientific evidence about the potential risks to health and the environment arising from the development and use of nanotechnology, the SAFENANO Knowledge Base provides a wide range of current and emerging information through a number of key offerings:
- Current Awareness - Latest news, features and blogs, events calendar, and our monthly news bulletin.
- Guidance - Introduction and key principles, commentary and links to guidance for safe handling, exposure, hazard and risks.
- Regulation - Latest developments in substance and product, workplace and environmental regulations on nanoparticles and nanomaterials.
Please use the roll-over links or main menu to explore each area further.
- Standards - An introduction to this emerging area, with commentary on areas of focus for standardisation bodies and links to standards.
- Resources - Reading list of key papers and reports, listing of SAFENANO's research outputs, links to other major websites, multimedia sources, FAQs and a nano-EHS Glossary.